Pages

Monday 22 June 2020

Brain session with Mrs. Turner.

Today at school Mrs. Turner a science, she knows a lot about the brain and today she visited our class to talk about what goes on inside our brain. I learnt about Neurons and what they are. I learnt that the back part near the brain stem is called the Cortex and the place where the thinking happens is called the Prefrontal Cortex and it is located right behind your forehead. I also learnt about the Amygdala, it is basically a smoke alarm, it detects danger and if it goes off you might fly off, freeze or fight with somebody. We then watched a video about how kids fix their anger. After our session Mrs. Turner left before lunch. I enjoyed learning about our brain and the parts of the brain that I haven't heard before. So I can't wait for our next session with Mrs.Turner.Brain (Human Anatomy): Picture, Function, Parts, Conditions, and MoreKnow your brain: Amygdala — Neuroscientifically Challenged

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.