Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Day 3 - Wednesday 11 September

Today we had a really busy day. Everyone had to eat breakfast and pack lunch for the day. Today we were on our way to Kerikeri's historical places. After breakfast and packing our lunch we went into the bus and drove off. We went back on the ferry back to Waitangi, and from there we drove all the way to Kerikeri. When we got there we split up into our groups again. My group went to visit the Kemp house.

Inside the Kemp house was a bunch of rooms. We first went into the kitchen, it looked really old and I felt like the floor boards were gonna break. Next we walked into room that told us all about Hongi Hika and his daughter Hariata who was married to Hone heke, and it also told us about Samuel marsden.  Then only seven at a time was allowed to go upstairs. I waited for so long I finally got to go. It was really creepy because of those creepy dolls. After we went down stairs and put our shoes back on. Then we went outside of the Kemp house and went straight to the stone store.

The stone store was really cool because it had real guns that the British used back in the day. There were even really cool muskets. Next we went upstairs to the museum. I found it really interesting and really cool because it had this machine, when you click on a Waitangi it would tell all about it and what had happened. I learned so much about Waitangi and the treaty. I also learned about the first person who discovered New Zealand. After that, we went to where the Maori village was.

When we arrived at the Rewas village it was so cool and also really old. I got to go in one of the Maori houses. It was really and I got to learn about the bird house and all the huts that the had built. we also went inside and we saw figures of the waka that could fit 120 men and the waka that they used when they went to war. Then it started to rain so went into shelter. Then we all went back to the bus and we all ate our lunch. For lunch I had sandwich, and it was so yum. Next, Chris came and told us that we were going to be doing a treasure hunt. All of the groups split up to even smaller groups. My group was Bianca, Aj, Lilo and Dwayne. Our team was called team F, stands for Fantastic, Fabulous, Friendly F's.

Firstly we had to start from clue 15 and we continued to find to the rest of the clues. We found our first clue on the red mail box behind the stone store, it told us to go near the public toilets and then we another clue. We had to go all the way to where four red poles stand, that is where we found our clue. We got a little confused but we manage to find the clue but it was clue 23, we walked all the way to the bottom of the trail and found another clue, it told us to go back up the trail to a blue tree. We kept finding clues and it was starting get a lot harder. One of the clues were kind of hard to find. We finally found it in a well. We went towards the worth and find a clue and it lead us back to the bus, We found the clue under the bench. We walked all the way to the bridge over the river. We found even more clues. All the groups (Accept for two of the groups)Joined up together to find all the clues. When we found the last clue it told us to go back. I felt really exhausted. Whoever wanted to walk they stayed with Mrs Tofa, and whoever wanted to run went with Magnus, I chose to run because I couldn't do it anymore. All of us made back to the bus and I could finally catch my breathe. The other two groups haven't arrived. It took really long for the other groups to come but they finally came. we loaded into the bus and sat down. We all went back to the ferry and from there, we all the way to Russell.

When got back I went to my cabin changed into my mufti clothes. Everyone went to change and then we all sat in the common room waiting for dinner. While we were waiting we were playing cards in the lounge. Mathew and I was playing speed while we were waiting. Finally our dinner was ready. Before eating we did a small Kara kia. For dinner we ate Pasta, and I got to eat first because I helped in the kitchen. I love the pasta, I eat it all the time at home. After that we went back to our cabins. Today was a really exhausting and fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.